Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting


Last week I attended the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting (ASAPS), which proved to be very exciting. Experienced doctors from across the country, including myself, lectured on various hot topics including fat grafting and the roles stem cells and acellular dermal products, such as Alloderm and Strattice, play in the procedure. My favorite talk was by Dr. Barry DiBernardo on Cellulaze, the new Cynosure device for long-term cellulite improvement. I also enjoyed Boston dermatologist Jeff Dover’s presentation on the amazing results of Bella Contour, a new body-contouring product. I had the pleasure of sharing my expertise on the skin tightening procedures Sciton, SkinTyte, and the new Ultra Shape as well as co-chairing a session on laser complications with Atlanta’s Dr. Foad Nahai. I also filmed segments for The Plastic Surgery Channel on laser resurfacing and cellulite. ASAPS further ignited my excitement for future innovation and advancements in plastic surgery. I have a number of upcoming meetings with companies interested in testing new products and am eager to see what this year holds for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment